Thursday, June 2, 2011

Au Naturale

Most times when you're wrapped up in fashion photography there is the stress of makeu-up, hair, clothes, setting, and a plethora of other mundane details that go into a sucessful shoot. Every now and then I need to take a step back. It can burn you out having to obsess over every detail, especially without the help or extra set of eyes. There's nothing worse than going through a whole shoot and not realizing a garment's unbuttoned or the hair is completely out of place. When shooting I tend to have tunnel vision, and can miss a lot of small details. I now see why most magazine shoots have a whole team of assistants, and others just to see to the minor details. Anyway, I digress. The reason for this blog post is to talk about those times when I get burnt out on the details and  minutia of fashion photography. It's not really plausible for me to just stop shooting, I go nuts. Almost to the point of twitching. :) Anyway, so when I get to the point where I'm burnt out on fashion, I turn to simpler shoots. Shoots that don't require a lot in the way of clothes make-up and concepts, but artistic enough to calm the muse.
So when Laticia came to me and said she wanted to do a shoot with no make-up, very natural, I was esctatic. She just needed simple headshots for her book, right up my alley. So we headed out to a field with just my camera and us. The resulting shots are great portraits, with very minimal editing. I shot the whole thing into the sun so other than some changing of the levels, and a simple gradient filter I hardly had to touch the shots. Here are the results, very natural, and beautiful.






No comments:

Post a Comment